Monday, August 10, 2020

LIVING IN FEAR

MIKE BELL has a post this morning focused on people's need to wear a mask during the pandemic. I'm a polite guy so I do wear a mask ONLY while in a store however. While they are not a cure, possibly they slow the spread of "Winnie the Flu." So I went and chatted briefly with my neighbor "Mikey" yesterday; he's 65 and takes auto-immune suppressants. I asked him what he's doing to protect himself. He said he's basically carrying on like normal. He goes to the store [ he's married, has a wife that would gladly go to the store for him] eats out and travels around - he has an R.V. I asked him if he was worried he said no. Either it gets him or it doesn't he's had a good ride and he refused to live in fear.

2 comments:

  1. I am "Justin" (actually my real name) who ignited the IM firestorm on Mike Bell's previous post. I was only suggesting what you have here: to not live in fear. Apparently, even that suggestion is verboten. So, I'm going to take my own advice and mind my own business. My failure is that I should have done that a week ago.

    BTW, I have been a reader and commenter on IM since at least 2006. The mood and response to dissent has definitely devolved.

    Peace to you, Seneca.
    --Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful comment Justin. I, like you, really don't want to live in fear. I-monkers are actually pretty rigid and uniform in their beliefs. They don't deal well with honest dissent.

    ReplyDelete