Thursday, March 8, 2018

C.J. Mahaney - the Internet Mob so desires C.J. to do the perp walk.

He says:

"I am responsible, where necessary and appropriate, to defend myself and Sovereign Grace, and this I continue to do as I have for the last several years. Sovereign Grace churches are led by godly men and filled with good and godly people who love Christ and his gospel. So that there is no lack of clarity on this: I am innocent of the allegations that have been made against me personally, and the recent, public characterizations of Sovereign Grace as a whole are absolutely false. I categorically reject the suggestion that I have ever conspired to cover up sexual abuse or other wrong-doing. No one should interpret my withdrawal as an acknowledgment of guilt. I withdraw out of care for my friends and for the sake of this conference and the cause of Christ."

____________

It seems believable to me;  I wasn't there, you weren't there, Rachael wasn't there, Boz wasn't there and of course the precious Deebs weren't there either.

God actually knows the Absolute Truth down to the last detail.  No one else does.

It will ALL serve God's ultimate purposes.

FINALLY, I doubt one of God's purposes is for any of us to be a part of an internet mob.

1 comment:

  1. As you rightly emphasised earlier, 'An internet lynch mob can go on forever'.

    You would think from the approbrium heaped upon Mahaney that he himself had been guilty of abuse. He may or may not have been neglectful.

    Ironically, those who moan about him in comments sections often decry hierarchy and pastoral leadership in churches, insisting on mutual submission and no hierarchy. If they don't believe men in the form or elders (or whatever you like to call them) should be responsible for the flock, on what basis do they criticise Mahaney? You cannot complain of lack of oversight of a church and simultaneously argue their shouldn't be any authority or responsible oversight.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete