Sunday, March 25, 2018

Wartburgwatch now a favorite of atheists?

In the current post about Sovereign Grace [ same old same old ]  a couple of atheists post and get support from [ alleged ] Christians who would rather hang with the atheists then churchians.

I think the atheists and unbelievers really like Wartburgwatch. 

Gives them ammo to despise devout [ but imperfect ] believers.

Then people like "Jack" who comments very frequently.

"I think my problem is that I was trying to make a “Christian” point as an Ex-Christian. It’s no surprise I sound like a Christian atheist. I’m not Christian and haven’t been for some time though I was raised a Christian."



Good job Wartburg

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone in noticing this. This has bothered me for a long time now. In scoring points against say complementarians, commenters at TWW and similar blogs will happily take the side of the enemies of the faith. This is usually done by women, and is irrational, because whenever you side with an enemy of the faith you at the same time undermine your own understanding of the faith.

    I do have to admit though that Eagle, who is male, is a master at giving a voice to atheists, hoping that the church might learn something from them, so this is not a purely female proclivity!

    Ken B

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWW and similar blogs definitely do not have the gospel as their focus. They survive on gossip. I'd like to see one article on TWW or any other survivor blog that simply shares the gospel and calls people to repent of their sins. Atheists would definitely find them appealing because these blogs seek to find anything that they can use to attack and discredit conservative/calvinist men who hold to inerrancy and inspiration, the 5 solas, the doctrines of grace, etc. They will team up with anyone who has had a bad experience in calvinism or the church. I am being more and more convinced that they are false teachers. 2 Tim 3:1-9. If they do share the gospel it is certainly not at the forefront and their sinful slander and attacks on other Christians would seem to show that they have not truly repented. I mean, slander is sin. They maintain an untouchable status. It is a lose-lose scenario to question them directly. But thankfully there are some out here on the Internet that seek to expose their lies.

    ReplyDelete