Thursday, July 6, 2017

THE INCREASING LIBERALISM OF T.W.W.

Interesting article:  https://downtrend.com/robertgehl/american-thinker-top-ten-reasons-i-am-no-longer-a-leftist

TOP TEN REASONS I AM NO LONGER A LEFTIST.

1] In the late 1990s I was reading Anatomy of the Spirit, a then recent bestseller by Caroline Myss.
Myss described having lunch with a woman named Mary. A man approached Mary and asked her if she were free to do a favor for him on June 8th. No, Mary replied, I absolutely cannot do anything on June 8th because June 8th is my incest survivors’ meeting and we never let each other down! They have suffered so much already! I would never betray incest survivors!
Myss was flabbergasted. Mary could have simply said “Yes” or “No.”
Reading this anecdote, I felt that I was confronting the signature essence of my social life among leftists.
We rushed to cast everyone in one of three roles: victim, victimizer, or champion of the oppressed. We lived our lives in a constant state of outraged indignation. I did not want to live that way anymore.
I wanted to cultivate a disposition of gratitude. I wanted to see others, not as victims or victimizers, but as potential friends, as loved creations of God. I wanted to understand the point of view of people with whom I disagreed without immediately demonizing them as enemy oppressors."

THE TWW posts so often seem to put people in EXACTLY those 3 categories.
TWW is self proclaimed champion of the oppressed - as are all of the survivor blogs
Anybody who has FELT insulted or degraded  or experienced a bad situation at a church is a victim.
Male Leadership in Evangelical Churches are the victimizers.
FINALLY the TWW comments - home of the perpetually outraged.
How do you people live like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment