Monday, February 18, 2019

Insightful comment

I can’t bring myself to look at TWW either. In years past I saw the most mocking remarks towards Calvinists I have ever seen in my life at that site. I am a Calvinist. I love Spurgeon, Lloyd-Jones, Iain Murray, and so many others. If WW is criticizing Mohler for mocking fellow Christians I hope they can remove logs from their own eyes first. The cracks about young earth creationists there, or people who believe in biblical male leadership in churches, well, that site was like a sewer pipe of mockery. Been a while since I was there so maybe the tone has improved, I don’t know. But they hold the prize for mockery IMO.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder just how many people have commented at TWW for a while, seen through the attitude problem and walked away - or been put into slow moderation, which is the backdoor way of being booted out whilst maintaining the pretence of being open to differing views.

    Obviously there is a limit to how long you might want to stay on a forum of that nature, but the last time I looked at a comment section there there were remarkably few of the names I remember from when I did used to comment on a fairly regular basis. I think a fair number may have left when the Velour incident occurred.

    Ken B

    ReplyDelete